Fogging is a process that can kill or inactivate many types of microorganisms and insects. It is used to control the spread of bacteria, viruses, and even fungi by using chemical agents, such as chlorine, formaldehyde, quaternary ammonium compounds (QAC), and hydrogen peroxide. These chemical compounds are aerosolized with a fogging machine and spread throughout the area to be treated. Disinfectant fogging services are most commonly used in homes, restaurants, and hospitals.
When Can You Consider Disinfectant Fogging Services?
Disinfectant foggers are more like insecticide sprays, but they are generally used to kill a wide variety of insects in larger areas or rooms. You can use a fogger in an area with insect infestation signs, such as live insects, insect droppings, or larvae (caterpillars).
In hospitals, nursing homes, and other similar facilities, disinfectant fogging can be an effective way of eradicating infectious microbes from surfaces. It's also commonly used in traditional commercial establishments, such as restaurants and food processing plants, for sanitizing workstations and equipment.
What Are the Benefits of Disinfectant Fogging Services?
Disinfectant fogging services are an effective way to rid your home or business premises of germs and airborne germs. Disinfectant foggers destroy a wide range of bacteria, viruses, fungi, mold, and other bugs normally found in homes. The benefits of disinfectant fogging include:
- A thin layer of residue is left behind on surfaces. This layer provides a protective barrier that works to prevent future infestations for many months.
- Disinfectant fogging can be an effective way of combating outbreaks of infectious disease by limiting the transmission of microbes. It's commonly used in hospitals to stop the spread of respiratory viruses, Norovirus, and other types that are prevalent among guests or patients.
- It is effective at eradicating microbes in hard-to-reach areas. It allows for complete coverage indoors without exposing workers or occupants to potentially hazardous contaminants.
- It allows for quicker control of outbreaks since the chemicals work more quickly than traditional washing.
- Since disinfectant fogging is safe for use around people, it drastically reduces the amount of chemical residue that gets deposited onto environmental surfaces after cleaning.
- Disinfectant fogging services can significantly reduce patient readmissions by controlling the spread of respiratory viruses and other contagious conditions that lead to the re-hospitalization of patients.
Disinfectant fogging is a technique employed to kill insects, arthropods, and disease-causing microorganisms. It is cost-effective, and there is a low risk of harm to the environment and humans. It can be used in many different areas, including homes and businesses to kill potentially harmful microorganisms like mold, fungi, and bacteria.
For more information on disinfectant fogging, contact a professional near you.