Window cleaners are skilled professionals that can spend years perfecting their craft. It takes talent as well as lots of practice to create that streak-free shine that only they can produce. Surprisingly, some don't just do windows. In fact, your local window cleaner has many hidden, untapped talents that could make your life easier.
1. Gutters: It only makes sense that window cleaners can also clean out your gutters. They are already up on a ladder. They may as well clean out the dead leaves and debris in there. Keep in mind, however, that cleaning gutters can be a messy job. It is best to schedule a window cleaning for afterward.
2. Exterior Coach Lights: Whether you have a coach light near the end of your driveway or simply an exterior light near your front door, they can get dirty. Everything from pollen to spider webs can collect on the glass and detract from the light. Your window washer is likely ready, willing, and able to clean your coach lights for you.
3. Ceiling Fans: Even if constantly in motion, ceiling fans collect dust and lots of it. Getting up there to clean can be challenging, particularly if you do not own a ladder tall enough to reach. Luckily, window cleaners often carry a tool with them designed to screw onto a window-cleaning pole that can easily clean ceiling fan blades in no time.
4. Chandeliers: While cleaning real, crystal chandeliers is a highly specialized business requiring specific training, cleaning the average hanging light in a two-story foyer is within the grasp of most window cleaners. Rather than risk your neck and waste your time, ask your window cleaner if he or she can get up there and dust the cobwebs off your fixture. They may even change a burned-out light bulb for you if you buy a new one in advance.
5. Holiday Lights: Depending on what part of the country they live in, window cleaners are not necessarily as busy in the winter. They may often offer extra services, like snow plowing or other landscape work. One of the more interesting, useful, and fun side gigs they may pick up to stretch their season is hanging holiday lights. They already have the ladders and, while you may not want to hang 250 strands of lights, your window cleaner may be willing to help.
From shiny windows to sparkling lights, your window cleaner can be an asset in more ways than you thought. Contact a window cleaning company near you to see if they offer these services.